Friday 22 July 2011

Sourced Grocer

Today following a suggestion from my beautiful cousin and Teneriffe resident I ventured to this trendy riverside suburb to try a new local treasure, Sourced Grocer. Tucked away in Florence Street this fabulous setup fits snugly among the commercial surrounds. My foodie heart was immediately fluttering after walking through the door and being greeted by a gorgeous fresh grocer/deli that opens into a cute cafe/coffee bar overlooking the street. 



Immediately you are welcomed by several charming staff who are more than willing to help you out or just let you explore. Of course, I had to tempt my desires in the deli right off the bat. The grocery section is fresh and features many exotic products, such as squid ink noodles, that you delight to find in a good deli. 




Our coffee addiction then prevailed so we headed to the quaint coffee bar and ordered a latte and cappuccino whilst browsing the range of gourmet breads and sweet treats on the counter. The coffee served was glorious! easily the best we've had in a long time - hot, strong (but not too strong), and no hint of a bitter after taste... delicious! My cap was even served with a fresh chocolate sprinkle that had lightly melted into the foam, I think I may have gone to heaven and back. I was interested to find that the beans they used were a unique blend they had made for them by Brother Espresso in their brewhouse at Spring Hill. Definitely worth the effort I'm sure they went to in sourcing their own individual style brew. 




Mid way through enjoying our beautiful coffees the sandwich we had decided on arrived. We opted for the special of the day: shaved bangalow ham, jarlsberg, avocado, tomato, leaves and mango chutney on some of their homely sourdough. It was just what we felt like, a plentiful, tasty meal that was big enough for us to comfortably share. 




I can confidently say it was well worth the trip and I fully understand why my cousin has made the permanent switch to Sourced Grocer for her all important morning coffee. With great service, food, prices and most importantly coffee I highly recommended this place to all!


Food - 4/5
Coffee - 5/5 
Atmosphere - 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment